The editors are elated to place before the community Sannidhi, the annual magazine of the Institute. ‘Sannadhi’ as the name suggests is ‘to be close to’ or ‘to be in the proximity of’. Through this issue, we have made an attempt to move closer to the community so that the mutual ties get more strengthened. This issue of Sannidhi is a platter which carries on it the aspirations of the institute, the achievements of the faculty and the students, presenting a glimpse of both the academic and extracurricular activities of the academic year 2008-2009. Thus, the attempt is to take the annual magazine beyond mere documentation.
ELT Quarterly is an international peer-reviewed research journal. It is published four times a year by H.M. Patel Institute of English Training and Research - Vallabh Vidyanagar, Anand, Gujarat, (India)
ELT Quarterly (ELTQ), as a rule, publishes only original and unpublished texts on the following focus areas:
• Innovative classroom practices.
• Classroom management practices
• Principles of teacher training
• Technology and the classroom
• Community and language teaching
• Theory and practice of language teaching
• Teaching and learning of literaturev
• Theoretical perspectives in literatre and language
• Issues in translation practice
• Reports of projects and action researches
• ELT Assessment and Evaluation
• Book reviews
However, ELTQ will consider for publication original work in a related field, if approved by the editors. Please send a soft copy (email attachment) of your contribution. Contributions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘Article for ELTQ’. If your article is accepted for publication you will be intimated within fifteen days.